- Human pathology

Home > Technical section > Biology > Molecular biology > Genomics > Genomics services provider > Genomic Vision

Genomic Vision

Wednesday 17 February 2010

Genomic Vision is a Paris-based molecular diagnostics firm.

Founder and CEO of Genomic Vision: Aaron Bensimon.


Diagnostic test for facio-scapulo-humeral dystrophy (FSHD)

- Genomic Vision has received a €250,000 ($344,000) grant from the Association Française contre les Myopathies (AFM) for the optimization and validation of a diagnostic test for facio-scapulo-humeral dystrophy (FSHD).

- The firm is developing the test using its molecular combing technology, which allows individual sections of single DNA molecules to be visualized directly. It said that this enables the FSHD-specific repeat within its genomic environment to be clearly and precisely identified.

- Genomic Vision is developing and validating the test in collaboration with the Université de la Méditerranée and the Timone Hospital (Assistance Publique des Hôpitaux de Marseille). The firm expects final results this spring from clinical studies on the test.

- FSHD is the third most prevalent muscular dystrophy and is believed to affect between one in 10,000 and one in 20,000 people.

- Genomic Vision said that around 70 percent of FSHD patients inherit the disease from a parent, while the other 30 percent of cases are sporadic and associated with de novo mutations.


- Genomic Vision Gets $344K Grant for MDx Test, GenomeWeb, February 16, 2010